Today I am bringing you part 2 of my great Pickle extravaganza. These Zucchini Noodle Pickles are super tasty, the dash of turmeric gives them a glorious, bright colour and an interesting flavour that I think you will really enjoy.
They are not just great in salads and on Sandwiches, I often tangle them up with a pile of regular old Zucchini noodles and eat them with a beautifully baked piece of Salmon. Simple and delicious.
Many of you asked via Instagram/twitter where I got this kick ass little accessory – please click through here and get yourself one today. I noodle everything and anything that can fit through the top of this badboy, occasionally my finger goes through there too. not kiff.
1 Large Onion
1.5 Cup Spirit vinegar
0.5 Cup water
3 x 500ml WECK jars or other jars are fine I suppose!
– Start by either Noodling or chopping up your Zucchinis and chucking them into a bowl. Cut your onion into fine rings and add them to the pile. Cover the veg with cold water and put in the freezer for 30 min. (This will help your veggies to maintain their glorious crunch – no one likes a soggy noodle.)
– Take your cool veg out of the freezer and drain completely.
– Distribute them evenly amongst your 3 jars (pack them in nice and tight).
– Pour your hot pickling liquid over the Zucchini ribbons until they are completely submerged. Make sure you distribute all the peppercorns, bay leaves etc amongst all the jars so that 1 jar doesn’t have all the pizzazz.
– Put the lids on and LEAVE TO COOL COMPLETELY. it is so tempting to try them before but you have to wait until all that goodness has seeped in.